Friday, February 15, 2013

My talk at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Earlier this week I had the pleasure of visiting The House that microbiologist Carl Woese Built - The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. With nearly a 100 evolutionary biologists and ecologists along with National Academy Members sprinkled across the integrative departments, its a wonder world of life sciences research. Indeed, famed virus hunter Nathan Wolfe happened to be visiting the campus the same day.

Here's my seminar on The Hologenome / Speciation by Symbiosis (Part I: 0 to 31:20) and Microbial Genome Evolution (Part II: 31:20 to Q&A). I usually am hypercritical of my own talks and find all sorts of things wrong with them. This seminar is perhaps the one time that the talk went off without a hitch. I even landed a few laughs with a joke on hybrid lethality (phew).



No comments:

Post a Comment